Two generations of attorneys at the Sullivan Law Office have represented disability clients for over forty years. Because of our dedication to providing legal services for the disabled, we have successfully helped many of these individuals receive their deserved compensation. We focus only on disability law and therefore have a deep understanding of Social Security Disability matters ERISA Disability law, Kentucky Retirement Systems disability law, and Long Term and Short Term Disability law.
Of course, I believe that every individual applying for disability benefits should retain the services of competent counsel. Clients should understand what a disability attorney can accomplish on their behalf. In this blog, I will attempt to list just some of things that a disability does in helping a client successfully file an application for benefits. A competent disability attorney on behalf of his client will assist in some or all of the following:
- file all necessary documents, including the initial application;
- file forms related to reconsiderations and appeals;
- review and discuss with the client any correspondence received from the SSA;
- request in a timely fashion any necessary hearing (i.e., Administrative Law Hearing).
- answer the claimant’s questions regarding the application & appeal processes;
- communicate with the Social Security Administration to ensure that they have received and currently possess the applicant’s relevant information necessary to determine eligibility of benefits;
- communicate with doctors and other important third-parties as necessary;
- complete necessary reports, including adult disability reports, all Function Reports, and Work History Reports;
- review Third Party Function Reports;
- secure and review medical records;
- get medical assessments
- collect and organize all medical evidence for presentation to an Administrative Law Judge; and
- represent clients at any hearings: make openings, object to proof, summarize objective proof, cross examiners called by the SSA,…
Applying for disability benefits is often a frustrating and time-consuming ordeal. Many individuals postpone filing their case because they are daunted by the paperwork. An experienced disability attorney may help ease the mental and emotional stress related to filing a claim for disability benefits. If you have any questions or concerns about disability, contact the Sullivan Law Office to get the help you need in the Louisville metro area. Call 888-587-0228 or visit us online.